Thursday, April 28, 2011

Parley Vue Fransay?

My French teacher in action.
"Wow! You have managed, all of you, to fail." --Sarah's French Teacher
I love my French class.  What we lack in brains, we make up for in enthusiasm.  It's not our fault that the French use vowels frivolously and are obsessed with gender agreement.   Should we answer a question correctly, Monsieur Guy "Ghee" exclaims, "The Holy Spirit has really helped you today!"  He is hands-down, the best language teacher I've ever had.

After today's class the kids and I went to Elizabeth's house.  I warned Alex and Isaac that she might serve fried caterpillars, so they were delighted to see fried chicken and French fries instead.  While we were there, Elizabeth's neighbor introduced herself to me.  I casually mentioned the special needs support group I'd like to start, and she said, "Wait!  I'll be right back.  I need to introduce you to some people."

A couple minutes later she returned with three ladies who've recently started a club for kids with special needs.  They'd gone door to door in their compound and gathered these "hidden" children.
They invited me back next Tuesday to see the club in action.  I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. SO exciting to see God working, connecting you with these families. Give Oliver a big hug!

    ReplyDelete