Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Car Problems

"Yep, that's a wheel..."
Flat tires are no big deal if you have a spare, a jack, and a person who can fix it.  I had two out of the three.  I tried to recruit my French class members to hoist up my car, but they politely declined.

So I called Eric, and my knight in shining armor rescued me.  He brought his jack and got started.  (I might break a nail...)  When he struggled to remove the hub cap, a employee from the school grabbed the tire iron from him and took over.  

Speaking of cars...Eric got pulled over the other day for making an illegal turn in front of the police station.  The cop yelled at him, "You!  You are guilty of breaking the law!  Pull over here."

Eric replied, "I'm so very glad that you pulled me over.  You see, my phone was stolen, and I was just on the way to the police station to file a report.  I wasn't sure where to go."

The cop responded graciously, "Oh, in that case, park right over there and you can go inside and make your report."

As a side note, making a police report is free.  However, as my Zambian friends confirmed, it is common for the station to be "out of paper" and unable to write down anything unless you make a "donation" of $4-5.  This is an annoyance for a lost cell phone, but a huge issue of you are a penniless victim of domestic violence.

This time the officers managed to have paper when Eric arrived.  After he finished he hopped into his car as was able to leave without a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment