Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Last Day of School!

Bat Cupcakes!

Alex and her teacher.

Isaac and his teacher (& true love in red)

Eric called me at 8 this morning to tell me that the school needed cupcakes by 11am  No problem.  I decided to make bat cakes.  Why bats?  Because I wanted to pay tribute to the French School's theme this year:  Bats.  Or in French chauves-souris, which translated literally means "bald mice".  



After assembling 24 of these little devils bald mice, I carefully transported them to the school.  
  
Isaac's teacher met me and said, "Oh, those are so cute!  Unfortunately the kids have already had their party, and there aren't enough cupcakes for the entire school."

I glared at my husband who shrugged his shoulders.

Then the principal made an executive decision:  let's slice and dice 'em, so everyone can have a piece.  It was a brutal carnage, but the children thankfully devoured the treats.

And then school was over and out.  Done.  C'est fini.

Isaac has graduated Kindergarten and will be in the first grade in September.  Yay, right? 

Nope.  Here's the problem: so will Alex.  She just doesn't have enough French to jump to the second grade.   (Yet...)

Of course I tell her to persevere, work hard, and keep on keeping on.

You know, I do my best to lead by example...but see if I ever make another bat cupcake again.

No comments:

Post a Comment