Friday, March 4, 2011

Humble Pie

"When you hear the third smoke detector go off, dinner is ready."  --Anonymous
I can't make eye contact with the hotel housekeepers. All of my children have vomited in places other than the toilet. And the poor housekeepers had to clean it up.

Tonight I put olive oil in a hot pan and sent three smoke detectors into screeching rages. For our safety the windows don't open more than 5 inches, so I couldn't fan in fresh air. After 20 minutes of cacophony, I looked around for a weapon of destruction.

Before I found anything, a hotel guy came to my rescue. He detached the alarm. I offered to hurl it out of our 4th floor window, but he thought removing the battery would be sufficient.

It won't surprise me if the hotel staff throw us a farewell party.

No comments:

Post a Comment