Wednesday, March 30, 2011

In Limbo

"Pain insists upon being attended to. God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our consciences, but shouts in our pains. It is his megaphone to rouse a deaf world." --C.S. Lewis
I lost my beloved Uncle Tim on Saturday.  My close friend lost her dad on Monday.  Both of these men died unexpectedly and left a slew of heartbroken people behind.

I grieve their passing and for all that I'm about to lose.  We are leaving behind some incredible people--from our wacky family to our cherished friends.  I wish I could bundle (some of) you up and stuff you in our suitcases.  That way you could join us in our next chapter.

Unfortunately this isn't possible.  Even if you were available, we're using our extra space to haul coffee and chocolate.

Speaking of luggage...our bags are packed (figuratively, of course), and we are ready to go.  The hitch is that Eric's work visa has yet to be approved.   Mind you, that hasn't deterred him from booking our flights for this Friday, April 1st.  Oh, the irony.

Stay tuned.  I may be sending out an SOS message if we don't hear back from immigration tomorrow.  We may need a special ops team to distract my antsy pants husband until the documents arrive.






1 comment: