Friday, March 18, 2011

I Get Knocked Down...

Skiing combines outdoor fun with knocking down trees with your face.  ~Dave Barry
I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die, I'm gonna die
 Eric and I wed nine years ago on St. Patrick's Day.  To celebrate our anniversary, we ditched our kids, and headed up to Crystal Mountain for a day of skiing.

It was my third attempt at this insane sport. There's nothing quite like wiping out on the "Tinkerbell" run and being passed by 2-year-old ski squirts and their 90-year-old great-great-grandmothers. Eric was very patient and didn't want to ski alone, because I was "very entertaining to watch."
                                
At the end of the day he commended me:  I will nearly be able to keep up with Alex and Isaac on the slopes.
 

1 comment:

  1. I took Abe rollerskating for the first time the other day and his comment was, "I'm never doing this or ice skating or anything like it ever again. I just get beat up." There is some wisdom there.

    ReplyDelete