Friday, March 25, 2011

A Sad Day in Seattle



"God is the elephant in the room. A lot of people don’t believe in elephants. Which is fine. I used to not believe in elephants. Now, I’m not sure I believe in rooms."   --Richard Jesse Watson
We didn't get the work permit, so we aren't leaving Monday. 

Thank God.  No, really

Yesterday my uncle had a seizure and broke his ankle.  The doctors patched him up and sent him home,  where he had another seizure, and his heart stopped.    The paramedics jump-started his heart, but he remains on life support.  His brain is damaged, and his recovery is grim.

I am grateful that I got to say goodbye to him today.  I'm also thankful that I had an unexpected evening with him recently.   

Last Tuesday my aunt and uncle agreed to babysit our kids, so Eric and I could learn to make artisan cheese.  Our class was cancelled at the last minute, so we made new plans:  Eric visited a friend, and my kids and I scarfed down  Thai food/spaghetti with Grandma Jan and Grandpa Tim

Perhaps the class cancellation and visa delay is coincidence, but I believe it's Providence

Rest in peace, my dear Uncle Tim. I love you very much.



1 comment: