Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Letters to the Tooth Fairy

"A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success."  --Elbert Hubbard

Esther
Alexandra has been lobbying to meet the Tooth Fairy for months now.  She has written many letters to "Esther", asking, begging to be turned into a Fairy, but she'd settle for a face-to-face encounter.  The Fairy told her that her boss won't allow this.  Alex  won't be deterred.

Last night Alex lost another tooth.  Unfortunately Esther didn't get our forwarding address, because she didn't show up.  The following is Alex's letter to her:

Dear Esther,
It's me, Alex.  I still remember you!  My brother Isaac is here.  I know that we broke up and got lost.  Here, this is what you can do with me.  Go tell your boss that I'm nice and friendly.  Don't come by when I am sleeping.  Do it when I am awake.  I will not tell anyone else, only my family (or not them).  And Isaac will not tell any one else.  Love, Alex

1 comment: